Total Pageviews

Wednesday 13 May 2015

Nancy Perdue When will people learn that it's very irresponsible to show off your pet? Especially if you own something like a Pitbull.


Haha I'll bet they felt like real Jackasses! I'm sure many of you have seen this, but I thought it'd be good to share anyway.
https://youtu.be/5TD9mCeGnfs…
Emily Turner, a reporter from WVLA in Baton Rouge, was working on a story featuring pitbulls after several area residents were attacked by the feisty canines...
YOUTUBE.COM
Like · 
  • Nancy Perdue When will people learn that it's very irresponsible to show off your pet? Especially if you own something like a Pitbull.
    11 hrs · Edited · Like
  • Valerie Webber Show off a Pit Bull? They only embarrass themselves.
    10 hrs · Like · 2
  • Cindy Lorenz At least she got a minor bite & didn't get mauled
    10 hrs · Like · 1
  • Elizabeth WeatherlyI get more and more tempted to share stuff on my page but I can't. Everyone in Savannah I know owns these dogs and sings their praises. I would be loosing many clients and it's my career. My employer just adopted an American Bulldog. He is enormous. Drove to Florida for him. I worry for her daughter and family because I care. They don't see it that way if I say anything or share the dangers....they will be upset and offended I believe.
    9 hrs · Like · 2
  • Valerie Webber Elizabeth, maybe you could just post a copy of the flyer of dog bite related deaths on your page available from Daxton's Friends. It is all breed.
    9 hrs · Like · 5
  • Elizabeth Weatherly I thought about that. I recently realized they must see I'm part of these groups. My best friend and others have been posting hints to my ignorance. I'm pretty sure I'm not being paranoid I think it's hints. When it dies down I may follow your advice. Thanks:)
    9 hrs · Like · 1
  • Nancy Perdue Yes Cindy that's exactly what I say she's lucky it was a bite and not a maul. More times than not Pitbulls end up mauling their victims, since they were selectively bred to bite hold and shake.
    9 hrs · Like · 2
  • Nancy Perdue These owners were proved wrong by their own dog. It showed them and everyone else that Pitbulls are unpredictable. I'll bet hey felt stupid after that haha!
    9 hrs · Edited · Like · 1
  • Nancy Perdue I don't even trust my 5lbs. Papillon with strangers, and I don't let little kids pet her. I don't know that she might bite them.
    9 hrs · Like · 1
  • Elizabeth Weatherly The problem is they don't believe it until it happens to them and then many still make excuses. It is funny how much this group is like my Type 1 diabetic groups. Parents spend all day trying to tell people sugar/food doesn't cause it and no one can get it until it happens to them. No one believes what we say.
    9 hrs · Like · 3
  • Valerie WebberElizabeth, you have a problem because you believe that it can interfere with your job, and I certainly can respect that. However, when I chose to post Pit Bull maulings on my timeline for others to see, I did it with the foresight that although most of those people, to the best of my knowledge, did not own Pit Bulls, but they did have kids. I did it for the kids. I never said a word, still don't, but I know many people woke up and smelled the coffee and are members on here now.
    9 hrs · Like · 3
  • Valerie Webber Or you may want to pick just the best of the best to post on your timeline, that way you post few but the ones you do make a major impact and it does not come across as pro BSL but just an interest in the extreme.
    9 hrs · Like · 2
  • Nancy Perduefrown emoticon Well Elizabeth you know like they say; "Self experience is the best teacher." Sometimes it's the only teacher! I myself have not been a victim of a vicious dog attack, and I hope I or anybody that I know will never be. I used to take up for Pitbulls more my cousin had one years ago. She was a nice dog never attacked anyone or thing. My cousin had moved to Germany and she had the dog there with her for about 2-3 years. She ended up having to have the dog put down, because they outlawed Pitbulls over there after a little girl was attacked by one. The few Pitbulls that I've been around were nice/okay. It wasn't until a wheel chair bound elderly woman in my city was mauled to death by her beloved pet Pitbull, that I really got to thinking and looked up Pitbulls and the attacks they cause. Even though I haven't been a victim I'm not too blind to be able to see there's something wrong with these dogs. I know they're not the only dogs that attack, but they do top the list among other high risk breeds. I love what this cop once said about Pitbulls; "I know they can be good dogs, but you just can't trust them." frown emoticon PS. I'm sorry to those of you who have had to live the horror of these dogs.
    9 hrs · Edited · Like · 4
  • Elizabeth WeatherlyI've always had a major fear of any dog I didn't know. In Savannah I've had run ins with many rotts and Pitts they are everywhere. I've been so lucky but what happens when I'm not. I don't go outside and enjoy my children due to fear. Why should I have to do this to them or myself because everyone thinks a dogs quality of life is better than mine. I see my best friend who I've known since 5th grade with one. She has no children and this is her child. She is always posting the love of animals over people. Many do this now. It's disturbing to me. It should be okay for me to post in a respectful manner but almost all of them are unreasonable and insensitive to understanding our point of view. If I didn't have clients that owned them I would be a posting fool that didn't care lol BSL all the way for me!
    9 hrs · Like · 3
  • Valerie Webber There you go! Post how ill contained and recklessly owned and managed "dogs" are mandating how you live your life and enjoy, or not, your property. Don't have to be breed specific.
    9 hrs · Like · 3
  • Elizabeth Weatherly Sneak attack just like the dogs lol;)
    9 hrs · Like · 3
  • Nancy PerdueYou could just post the Pitbull things on here the group's wall. That's the only way I'm going to share anything about Pitbulls or other blood sport dogs. I know it wouldn't be good for me to share these things on my timeline, because like you most of...See More
    9 hrs · Like · 3
  • Nancy Perdue However I understand that you'll be losing more than just Facebook friends, clients that help you work & make a living. frown emoticon
    9 hrs · Like · 4
  • Nancy Perdue It's a shame that something like the truth has to be so taboo!
    9 hrs · Like · 2
  • Valerie Webber Especially when it saves lives.
    8 hrs · Like · 2
  • Elizabeth WeatherlyYep and I feel like if I have to put up with all pit propaganda (btw what a perfect name for a group like this) then why shouldn't they have to look at my views. These dogs being dangerous set aside I find their structure impressive, their personalitie...See More
    8 hrs · Like · 2
  • Valerie Webber Elizabeth, believe it or not, you are among the huge majority. Pit Bulls are a tiny portion of dogs owned with many owners keeping two or more, so that even further decreases the numbers of those owning them. They are a the teeny tiny squeaky wheel.
    8 hrs · Like · 3
  • Laurel Davis you can use your privacy settings to hide the groups you are in, your likes, postings that you don't want some people to see.
    8 hrs · Like · 2
  • Elizabeth Weatherly I must figure out how to hide my groups even though in a way I don't want to.
    8 hrs · Like
  • Laurel Davis If it could hurt your livelihood--it is a good idea.
    8 hrs · Like · 3
  • Elizabeth Weatherly That's what my husband said.
    8 hrs · Like · 2
  • Elizabeth Weatherly Every pic on Facebook with cute sayings is a pitbull now. The brainwashing is unbelievable.
    8 hrs · Like · 2
  • Laurel Davis I have had quite a few defriend me. My pitnutter cousin is still my "friend" on here, but we mutually agreed to take each other out of our newsfeeds so that we wouldn't keep getting upset.
    8 hrs · Like · 4
  • Valerie Webber Just make smart comments. Normal people don't allow big dogs near babies, a well placed accidental swing of a big, strong dog's head can snap a baby's neck. So when you see pics of Pits endangering baby's lives, speak the truth.
    8 hrs · Like · 1
  • Wendy Lambert Dixon She's lucky!!! She survived.
    4 hrs · Edited · Like

No comments:

Post a Comment